Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back on Track

It has been months since I've written. Thanks to a plethora of non stop events I find myself to make the time to update finally. Since I've written I have earned a Master's Degree in Kinesiology, I will be graduating in approximately 2 weeks, and I will have fulfilled my contract with SJSU as the ATC at Monta Vista. So right now my name looks like this:

Marie Gishifu, MA, ATC.

My next educational goals are to attain a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist credential (CSCS), and go back to massage school to earn my CMT credential. So I want my name to look like this:

Marie Gishifu, MA, ATC, CSCS, CMT

With these credentials I want to be able to jump start an athletic training program with a performing arts school to provide the necessary care to dancers and performers alike to treat their injuries, strains, and sprains. In the coming months I hope to update my blog way more often. I find that I have no excuse to not update this on a daily basis really.

Today's workout:
600 rep workout
Breakdown:
100 skip jump rope
100 squats w/ 30lb bar
100 skip jump rope
100 alternating lunges (each leg) w/ 20lb bar
100 skip jump rope
25 side v-ups left
25 side v-ups right
25 sit-up into a v with arms and legs
25 alternating vertical leg lifts

Time yourself with that one. Challenge yourself to finish it faster and faster :)

Tomorrow's workout plan is to squeeze in a 12 min HIIT workout in the morning then playing basketball in the evening at work. I'll be tired but I love being on the court, except the out of shape aspect. Last week I finally started getting into the workout groove. The 3-4 weeks before that  I was scrambling to finish my research project which lead to lack of sleep and very limited time for squeezing in workouts into my schedule. So I'm determined to get back on track, lose some inches, and get back on a healthier lifestyle. That's all for now, I think I'm going to actually, finally, post up a picture of how I look currently, then update monthly for progress sakes. I think that will give me more motivation to keep going. :)

Hope you are all having a great start to the week! Take care :0)

Happy lifting!

- Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment