So we all have our rough days. We also have days where our motivation levels have plummeted southwards. How do you get through those days? That's a pretty good question.
Today was definitely one of those days for me. I guess it didn't help that I lacked a couple hours of sleep today then attempted a 20 min nap that turned into an hour and a half nap. That sabotaged my day. I felt sluggish, groggy, crappy, and unmotivated. I ate like crap too might I add. I looked outside my window to find really lovely weather but the wind was so harsh that it didn't even look worthwhile to go outside to enjoy some fresh air. Reluctantly I had to run a couple errands that required walking a couple blocks to Trader Joe's and a postal service place. Both nearby but I really hate walking in the wind. I wanted to stay cooped up in my room and do... nothing. But deep down I knew not moving around while feeling mopey is really bad so I'm thankful I went on those walks despite that fresh air whipping against my face and ears.
I ended up doing a 12 min HIIT workout around 6p. I felt better-ish but still feeling sluggish. But at this time of night I realize that the biggest obstacle with my goals is my will power and, well, myself overall. A skinny model from a H&M advertisement at the Muni bus shelter doesn't make me feel ugly or fat. It's when I look at myself in the mirror to remind myself I have a long journey ahead of me that pulls at my motivation. I need to have stricter discipline when it comes to eating. Living at home with my parents doesn't exactly help either. Although my mom cooks very healthy food it's the snacks that are bought in between. My dad doesn't exactly have a healthy palate either. He likes his burgers, ice cream, sweets, and other not-so-healthy foods. I'm trying to work on improving my will power even more. Anyway, enough mopey crap.
Here's today's HIIT WOTD:
50 seconds active/ 10 seconds rest
20lb sandbag squat/overhead clean- 19, 20, 20
Alternating mountain climbers- 36, 42, 37
Leg lifts- 13, 21, 20
Plank w/ alternating toe touch- 22, 30, 30
At the end of the workout I wanted to do a little more so I tacked on 50 squat jacks to make it more satisfying. :) Ya know, playing the right workout music also plays a big role in getting into your workout and your day. I kind of forgot about that today. Gotta make sure I upload the right songs onto my iPod :)
Alright, it's getting late, I need a proper beauty sleep.
Happy lifting! And don't forget to persevere!
- Marie
No comments:
Post a Comment