Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stairs & Trying Something New

4 laps of stairs today... I think I am outta shape but I'm glad I was able to do 4 as my first time in a while. My legs are definitely feeling the burn so I made sure I stretched out thoroughly. Let's see, here's the workout breakdown:
Lap 1: descend, ascend without skipping steps, at the top 15 spider planks each leg.
Lap 2: descend, ascend with side-lunge steps (can skip steps if you have longer legs), at the top 12 push-offs (start on your stomach, hands off ground, then push off ground into plank/push-up position, hold for 3 seconds, return to starting position, make sure you don't drop yourself onto the ground)
Lap 3: descend, ascend running steps (skip steps), at the top elevated planks (legs up)
Lap 4: descend, ascend running steps, at the top cool down, stretch.

I wanted to do a ice bath but I definitely don't have enough ice... grrr. Anyway, post-workout "meal" was 8oz milk + last measly scoop of whey in my jar... The whey was from Costco by Muscle Milk I believe. But at this point I got tired of using their stuff so I looked into Optimum Nutrition that my bf and many others invest in. The quality is supposedly better so I bought the Vanilla Creme flavor to try it out. And it came via UPS today! Woop! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Wait... tomorrow. Hmmm, what should my workout be?

Thinking of another HIIT. Arms and... hmm... legs I did today. Arms and core it shall be. I will post the workout, breakdown, and results after completion.

On another note: my shipment came with a sample to try what seems like a workout booster thingamabob. I honestly do not trust what is in it or what it does. If it says to not take it if someone is under 18 how would it be any different from someone that's 20 y/o? It's not FDA approved or regulated and I really don't want something synthetic in my system.  While I'm trying to lose inches and tone I want to do it as natural as I can make it. Meaning eating clean and maintaining daily exercise. I don't care how long it takes, I want to treat my body the way it should be. I take a daily multi-vitamin supplement, and may start implementing fish-oil (thanks to the reinforcement from the bf), and the whey protein. Although now I want to start drinking more green tea. It has such overall great benefits so I want to add that to my diet.
I know that some of you may want to get thinner, toner, bigger, faster, better overnight or in one week. In reality it's NOT going to happen that way. Maintenance and consistency is the slow and steady way to achieve your goals. I know I learned that the hard way but if you have the right support system and the right approach you may not notice any differences until someone points it out or you take a picture a month later. Keep going and stay persistent.

Persevere!

- Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment