I had just read an article on Shine Yahoo! written by a woman who spoke about her defining fitness truth upon hearing opinions of another woman on what she should do and and how to look at the gym. This is the article: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-fitness-truth-will-set-you-free-2596068/;_ylt=AvZqhrezuI4GyEFbS7HHaetqbqU5
The author later defines her fitness truths. After reading them they are some of the most empowering words I've ever heard from a woman focused on her fitness. Her words inspired me even more to work on my fitness goals for myself. Not anyone else, not for my family, not for my boyfriend, not for attention, for myself. Although her focus is on running her words can be entailed for all fitness lovers. We are in control of our own life (unless you're a minor...), we dictate what is good and bad, and, in the end, we are our own worst critic. We critique physically, academically, psychologically, and emotionally but it needs to be positive. It's a never-ending battle but, nonetheless, we are doing it for ourselves.
I've decided to come up with my own fitness truths.
1) The only numbers that should be increasing are the weights that I lift.
2) Pedicures are not my thing, I'd be sad if my hard-earned calluses were shaved off.
3) When I watch men and women lift, I don't check them out, I'm looking at their form.
4) No matter how bad a person's form is I hold myself back from telling these people. Why? How would you feel is some random person came up to you during your set and told you "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG?!"
5) Sweat should be the only make up that I'm wearing while working out. That means I'm doing work, son.
6) I weigh 162lbs, I deadlift 60% of my weight, yet the BMI (body mass index) says I'm overweight. The BMI should cease to exist cuz, quite frankly, I don't give a rats ass about the BMI.
That is all for now but I'm sure I can add in more in the near future.
The next coming weeks I'm setting a goal to workout 4-5 days/week to shock my body and get my metabolism going, going, going. So hopefully I get my ass going and utilize my time wisely. What also helps is for my therapeutic exercise class on Monday night we're gonna do a kettlebell training session. HELLLLL YESSS!! sooo I'm planning to workout Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, maybe Friday, and Saturday. Whew!
Hope you are all having a great week and staying warm at night/early mornings!
Happy Lifting!
- Marie
No comments:
Post a Comment