Monday, October 10, 2011

Post-Weekend Thoughts

For the past week I have been taking an antibiotic and an antifungal medication to treat an infection in my fingernail. For one thing I do not like taking prescription medication because of many reasons. However, this certain side effect really pushes me to the edge. A common side effect for the antibiotic is muscle/tendon/joint pain, then it tells you to seek immediate medical treatment if you experience such symptoms. Unfortunately, I suffered that pain Wednesday midway through an at-home workout. I called my doc about it yet she still wants me to stay on it. Okay, fine, whatever. I'll hang with it as long as I can. All in all this is a setback on my goal....


Yesterday (Sunday) was a different story: my body woke up feeling rested; no pain, no ache, just back to normal. YESSSS!! So the bf and I went to the gym to get our workout on. I wanted to take it easy since I haven't worked out in a couple days and wasn't sure how my body would react to physical activity. I ended up doing a full, but light, workout without experiencing any pain or discomfort. Here's my workout:


Standing Arnold Presses w/ 10lb dumbbell - 3 sets x 15 reps
Cable row 40 lb - 3x12reps
Dumbbell row 15lb - 3x15reps
Alternating lunges w/ unmarked medicine ball twists - 3x10reps (20 total for both legs)
Sumo Squats w/ 40lb (??) body bar twists - 3x10reps
Alternating toe touch planks into vertical leap - Until exhaustion.


Tiring, but this workout felt soooo great! Got my heart pumping and my sweat flowing. Good indication that I got a good workout. The last 3 exercises were inspired by BodyRock.tv on YouTube and on their website. Such a great resource for more creative workouts. (www.bodyrock.tv ; a husband and wife team who promote healthy goal setting, diet, weight loss, and community)


To top off the night the bf took me on a date to a restaurant he's been wanting to try with me for years. I wore a teal/blue dress that I haven't worn in quite a while, so when I put it on I looked almost completely different from when I had last seen myself in it. I did not have time to take a picture of myself and the outfit but next time I hope I can do so. The bf had confirmed my new look by checking me out quite a bit. haha! It's encouraging to see and hear that because I've worked hard to be where and how I am today. Anyhow, onto our date. We had such amazing food at Firefly!! Definitely had the farm-to-table flare that I freakin love. I must say I didn't feel guilty at all when we managed to demolish 3 desserts... they were small portions though!!! We split everything so we had a taste of each dish. Hey, it's okay to cheat! Once in a while is good because, face it, we all have cravings. I usually eat clean throughout the whole week and one day out of the week I would have cravings for something, let it be pho, a burger, or ice cream. This helps me stay on my clean eating habits. I can't explain how but know that it's okay to cheat on your diet once in a while. You will feel less stressed out about eating clean and improving your eating lifestyle. Just make sure you don't spend the whole day eating, not exactly good for you =P. Hope some of these tips help! Have a good Monday!




- Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment