Thursday, January 17, 2013

What I Eat In A Day

I've received questions about what I eat during this challenge. As I said in my "30 days of Paleo" entry, I make sure to change it up so that I don't get bored and dread what to eat.  I know what I was getting myself into. After reading Robb Wolf's "The Paleo Solution" he does a tremendous job getting to the nitty gritty of how certain foods affect your body and what kind of damage that some foods can potentially do from the inside out (such as quinoa, may be really good for you but it's really not... well only a sliver of it is good for you). I wanted to show you all what I've been eating in a day to keep me sated and NOT starved.

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs w/ protein (chopped leftover burger, chicken, pork, handful of almonds etc)


Lunch: Spring mix salad w/ a plethora of fixings (sliced roasted beets, guacamole/avocado, boiled eggs, carrots, cucumbers, red bell pepper, some kind of protein, etc). I usually make my salads more and more interesting and colorful, might I add.

(Took this pic as I was eating it... I forgot to take it before I started eating. Whoopsies.) 


Snack: half an avocado (yummy good fats, good for skin and hair too!) and 2 boiled eggs.


Dinner: Sauteed kale and beet leaves, sauteed green beans with mushrooms, and grilled cod.




I don't weigh anything (maybe I should? buttttt I'm lazy...) The containers that I put my food in are actually a perfect size to hold whatever I'm going to eat. The portions are just right so when I finish my food I don't feel stuffed or gross after I eat. I'm very content and satisfied when I'm done eating.

Might I also add that all the veggies, (except for green beans), fruits, and eggs were purchased at the Alemany Farmers Market (Saturdays). This place is awesome except for people not realizing there is more parking in the back while they can afford to walk an extra 100 feet to the vendors. Perhaps the next entry will be on what Jon and I buy and how we spend a whole afternoon into the evening cooking, juicing, and preparing food for the week. Quite a system I tell ya.

I hope this helps those who are starting out and/or living a different kind of whole food lifestyle!

Hang in there! Stay strong, and take it a day at a time! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment