Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 20 of Paleo

Day 20. Another progress shot. Well, I honestly don’t see a whole lot of improvement but I guess we’ll just have to compare it to the first day shall we?

Here’s Day 1 and Day 20 in the same poses:




What are your thoughts? There’s a hell of a lot of you looking/reading this so you better say something. Honest or not, something is appreciated.

I’m going to be ranting here a little bit. I’ve been lifting for a good 3 years now. I must say I’ve seen a lot of improvement and whatnot.  Just that doing this all natural is really difficult. Actually, extremely difficult. A lot of people rely on supplements to get the ideal physique they want, but I wonder how they would look without it (it would also take a huge dent out of my paycheck…). I mean I was taking whey protein but that's it. I know progress is progress is progress, but I don’t know how much I’m changing. For example, my ass grew so I don’t fit a size 6 or 8, I’m back up to size 10. Now, I might be losing some fat so I’m back to size 8. Having multiple pairs of jeans in multiple sizes is frustrating. I might as well stick to sweats (at least I can wear sweats at work). I’m trying so hard to be consistent but, shit, working out by myself kinda sucks sometimes. There are times when there might be one or 2 other people in the weight room at work but it’s hard for me to ask them to yell at me and push myself. Ugh. I am trying to shove things aside and let my body do the work (literally). But when my conscience comes butting in things go sour (especially when hormones go batshit crazy on me). I have to remind myself that I’m doing more work than I was the day before so it can’t be that bad. Right?

On another note I’m glad that I inspire others. It’s nice to know that I can provide some motivation. At the same time being motivated myself can get difficult. Might I add that being consistent takes a lot of motivation and energy (physically and mentally). And I really appreciate for those of you who are taking the time to read my stuff, thank you so much for your support!

So after this 30-day challenge, ending on Feb 4th, I’ve decided to do a modified lifestyle to have one cheat meal over the weekends. This diet is a good test to control what and how much you eat. My monthly visitor is approaching and my appetite grew this week, I guess my hormones haven’t changed much either. Which also may be the cause of my grumpy rant this time around. Anyway, I’ve got a busy afternoon/evening ahead of me. Last thing: comment or tell me if any of you care that I should post a video of one of my workouts (HIIT or weightlifting). Thanks!

Good luck and don’t give up J (I should listen to myself sometimes... working on it)  

- Marie




1 comment:

  1. Marie! I love you for bring so honest about your struggles and goals. Its a tough path you are taking. That said I definitely see improvement from day one to now! I think you look amazing anyway, and your strength and fitness obviously is outstanding. I think you should go for which ever eating lifestyle makes you feel best in your daily life and for your fitness life. I think that is most important, as there will always be fads and new things yo try.

    Miss you tons!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete