Monday, November 12, 2012

Can't Stop, Won't Stop


            So it’s been a while since I’ve written. Honestly I have no excuse other than piling all this shit on my silver platter that I call life. I’ve been attending massage classes, on top of having weekly trades (practicing on our classmates) and clinics (practicing on the public). From Tuesday til Friday I commute to Cupertino for work. I drive down Tuesday, leave my car in Mountain View to take Caltrain back to the city where my awesome dad picks me up from the station to bring me home, where my mom has dinner cooked and ready to eat (living at home does have its perks… as long as I give my mom a massage too). During the week I will take Muni to the Caltrain station. It’s almost a 2 hour fiasco to get to Cupertino really. Then I usually take the baby bullet train home, unless I find out I have games to cover late into the night I work late. All in all, I thrive… somehow. I’m getting paid at least (well… that’s a slightly different story). “Why the hell would you do that? Why not just move there or work in the city?” Okay, that’s a completely different conversation.  It could be worse.

One might ask, “how do you squeeze in workouts then? What about your eating habits?” Well, it helps to set aside time to do a workout, weather it’s a HIIT home workout or a push/pull weight lifting workout that I do at work (my office is literally sharing a wall with the weight room..). the HIIT workouts vary every time I do it. I think I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t like doing the same workout more than 2x a week unless I’m trying to improve time or reps. Those workouts are 30 minutes or less. The only time I can lift with a push/pull workout is Wednesday because my work will start later due to the kids being in class later. I can only get my hands on the iron on Wednesdays, which suck because there are other days where I have the need to lift but I have nothing in my house that fulfills my satisfaction of lifting iron. Regarding food/diet on an average day I will try my best to set food aside the night before so that I have more time in the morning to get my workout in, including a shower and doing girly things to get ready for the day (slap on my moisturizer, some lotion, put deodorant on, tie up my hair… etc. And once in a blue moon line my eyes, curl my lashes, and slab on mascara or just save that for the train ride). 

My boyfriend and I are planning on going Paleo after reading that famous book that is ever so popular now. I don’t remember what it’s called. Anyway, we’re going to attempt that lifestyle. At the same time I’m eating as clean as I can now; less to no seasonings, less salt, more fiber, more whole grain/wholesome foods, more veggies, and my usual meat/poultry.  I do get cravings for junk/sweet foods. When I do I pop a square of dark choco from Trader Joes and call it good, or eat some fruit. On top of my diet I supplement a little bit. I’ll have my protein shake as a post workout “meal” and take a daily fish oil supplement and a daily vitamin on a every other day basis because I know my body doesn’t need to have such a high influx of vitamins and minerals when it’s only going to be expelled (waste of money too). My diet needs more refining so hopefully this Paleo diet will do wonders and improve my muscular toning even more so.  

Speaking of toning I have seen some improvement. My shoulders look a little more defined, my obliques are peaking out more, my tire (lower gut) is getting smaller, and my core feels more solid. I know this is taking a long time… I’ve been lifting for about 3 years now? Maybe slightly less. And I love it. I love getting creative with some of the exercises to avoid that stupid plateau. I love showing some different moves to others then seeing their reaction as if I just spoke a different language. My posture has seen a difference. I definitely feel like I walk with more pride.

Well I’ve eaten pretty bad this whole weekend so I’m not going to be posting any pics today… I might update those later this month when my eating flushes out the stuff I ate hehe. Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment